Our Congregational Care ministry teams seek to build and nurture relaltionships within our church. Events happen throughout the year and there is lots of opportunity to participate or help with planning.
- Adult Fellowship Events - Includes our infamous Chubby Sunday celebration, Reformation Sunday Lunch, and more! Contact Rob Sculthorp, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Club - This group reads books of all types then gathers the last Monday evening of the month to eat and discuss. Contact Bruce Starek, email@example.com.
- Ladies Night Out - Open to all friends of Cross & Crown, this group typically gets together at someone's home on the first Monday of each month. Contact Alice Miley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craig Beougher is the Church Council liaison for Adult Fellowship ministries.
- PULSE Fellowship Events - Social and service outings for our middle school youth. Contact Lisa Stocks: email@example.com, 317-417-8473
- RISE Fellowship Events - Fun events throughout the year, including the high school progressive dinner at Christmas time. Contact Lisa Stocks: firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-417-8473
Amy Gerl is the Church Council liaison.
- Card Ministry - Sign up to send or receive greeting cards throughout the year to brighten up their day. Contact Jenny Walthers, 356-3376, Jennywalthers@comcast.net.
- Joy Ministry - Help for members in need of financial assistance during a challenging time. Contact Stacy Reid, 466-1665, Sreid94@comcast.net.
- Prayer Shawls - Hand-knit shawls for friends, family, etc. who are in need of comfort. Also available for birth, graduation, etc. When they are delivered, a note accompanies the shawls that tells of God's arms being wrapped around them. No cost. Contact Carol Kemp at 219-861-9354, email@example.com.
Craig Beougher is the Church Council liaison.
The Cross & Crown Green Team collaborates with other area organizations to promote earth-friendly practices and conservation. Activities include the Lenten Carbon Fast and the Eco Film Series. For more information, contact Alice Miley at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steve Stewart is the Church Council liaison.
One of our guiding principles as a congregation is that we do everything by prayer. This is one of many behaviors we are growing into as we follow Jesus into the world to share the good news. Prayer frames our worship life, the way we teach new members and how we make decisions.
We have both phone and email prayer chains and many other opportunities throughout the year for special seasons of prayer as we seek the Lord in all things. Email prayer requests to email@example.com.
GUTS assists members and attendees of Cross & Crown who are elderly, disabled, or in need of a one-time household task. Tasks include, but are not limited to, yard work, painting, small repairs, cleaning gutters, etc. GUTS will provide the labor for the task, the homeowner provides the supplies.
The Meals That Heal ministry team seeks to support Cross & Crown members and friends recovering from surgery, illness and other family crises with meals delivered to their homes. Through this, we deepen our relationship with each other and use our gifts to serve others. Contact Jean Woods, 578-8623, firstname.lastname@example.org.